Virtual Reinsurance Renewal Season Helps Insurers Manage Systemic RiskLast modified:
Aon plc, a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions, launched its second Virtual Reinsurance Renewal Season to provide insight to insurers approaching reinsurance renewals.
The insurance industry is navigating new volatility from long-tail risks such as climate change and COVID-19. In response, Aon’s Virtual Reinsurance Renewal Season was designed to offer new perspectives and advice on managing systemic risk and delivering increasingly relevant solutions to customers.
While many of Aon’s insurer clients will continue to interact with broking, analytics and claims teams through virtual meetings, Aon’s Virtual Reinsurance Renewal Season platform presented the conference experience through:
- Insights on market dynamics
- A newsroom
- Product innovation labs
- Fireside chats with C-Suite leaders and luminaries
Aon’s fireside chat series delivered fresh perspectives from political and industry leaders on how best to approach new dimensions of risk.
“It has been another extraordinary year as the world continues to mitigate the challenges of COVID-19 and tackle low interest rates as higher inflation begins to impact the global economy,” said Andy Marcell, CEO of Aon’s Reinsurance Solutions. “As insurers seek to deliver increasingly relevant solutions and bring capital closer to clients’ risks while managing new forms of volatility, we aim to inspire better decisions that will drive both insurer growth and relevance in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic.”
Hosted by Aon’s CEO Greg Case, President Eric Andersen, Global Chairman of Reinsurance Solutions Dominic Christian and Marcell, guests for the 2021 fireside chats included:
- Hon. Julia Gillard AC, 27th Prime Minister of Australia, and Aon’s Marcell – 8 September
- Peter Zaffino, AIG and Aon’s Case – 13 October
- John Neal, Lloyd’s and Aon’s Christian – 26 October
- Managing an evolving climate: Bronwyn Clare, ClimateWise; Maria Rapin, Nephila and Aon’s Christian – 20 October
- Tackling systemic risk through the insurance value chain: Charles Fry, Acacia; Christa Schwimmer, Munich Re; Sean McGovern, AXA XL and Aon’s Andersen – 6 October
- New leaders: Monica Cramér-Manheim, Third Point Sirius; Tulsi Naidu, Zurich and Aon’s Marcell – 10 November
Marcell added: “Aon remains committed to supporting insurers throughout the reinsurance renewal season, to deliver effective terms and structures that help protect and strengthen their balance sheets – whether virtually, or in-person in a safe environment.”